“I need a local electrician in Castle Hill, Sydney ASAP!” says a woman I know. “You can’t have an electrician on your premises if you don’t know they are qualified, right?” She sighs and thinks about it. “Well, unless they come with a professional license of course.”
My friend’s electrical needs fit into the definition of “emergency electrical service.” My husband built her a new home with beautiful central air conditioning, wiring, and a fully-outfitted modern control system. However, one of the most important features of her new “smart house” had gone unnoticed by our local electrician – no wireless isolation protection!
The problem? Her newly installed central air conditioning unit was wired to the mains and she didn’t have an alarm system installed to protect the home from power surges (like when a power plant cuts off the main power line) or a carbon monoxide alarm. Her home is now filled with carbon monoxide, which is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, making it the perfect killer. Our local electrician suggested several ways to protect her home, including smoke detectors, a carbon monoxide detector, a battery backup in the event of a power failure, and an alarm with a loud siren. She chose the alarm system because she’d heard it described as the best protection against a power surge or CO poisoning.
Several companies were contacted for quotes and prices on the alarm systems we were interested in. Three were contacted and given a quote within minutes. The price varied according to the type of equipment needed and the quality of installation, but all three were within her budget. It was apparent that the local electrician had performed an excellent job. We were very pleased with her safety recommendations and her personal style.
Several years ago, I had my own home built. I hired several people to do the work, including a local electrician in Castle Hill. Two of them quit while I was still paying for their services. I wouldn’t hire them again even if they offered a low price. After all, it’s your home and you should be the one to decide who comes in to do electrical work around your home.
When I was looking to expand my company, I contacted several local electricians to see which ones were available in my area. A few were recommended by a friend. A few were recommended by a contractor. But, overall, none were really suitable for the job. None of them were experienced with high voltage.
It took several months for the electrician to complete the job. And even then, he wasn’t particularly close to completing it. The last thing I wanted was an inexperienced person working in my home, potentially putting myself and my loved ones in danger.
I’ve learned my lesson. Don’t trust anyone who claims to know how to get it done right the first time. If the local electrician doesn’t seem qualified, you would be better off finding someone who is.
It isn’t always about the best price. It’s about the best service. And when it comes to electrical services, customer service counts for a lot. There’s nothing more frustrating than having an electrician to show up late and not do a good job. I would rather pay a little more for a better electrician who shows up on time and does a good job.
One of the things that you should look for in an electrician is experience. The best companies in town usually hire experienced local electrician in Castle Hill for their projects. You wouldn’t want a new college graduate working in your home, would you? And you definitely wouldn’t want a contractor showing up to do the work.
Look for reviews online. The Better Business Bureau, a consumer watchdog organization, has an online directory where you can look for customer reviews on almost any professional service provider. You’ll find positive ones and negative ones. But if there are many negative reviews for one company, it means something is wrong, and you should probably avoid that electrician.
It could take a little bit of time to find the right local electrician in Castle Hill for you. But it’s worth the effort, especially when you think about the safety issues involved. If you have a basement, it could be dangerous to have an electrician enter through the ceiling. If you have flammable materials or flammable liquids, it’s also dangerous to have anyone entering your home through doors. Don’t put your life or your property at risk by hiring someone that is not trained for these kinds of jobs. Do your research and make the best decision for you and your family. Contact Local Castle Hill Electrician for same day electrician, professional local electricians, and electrical safety checks experts.